Telephone Line Monitor - OverviewThe AI-5120 is a compact device designed for monitoring and analyzing signals present on the telephone line. By sensing the voltage present on the telephone line it detects and measures ringing, DTMF & pulse dialing, FSK (Bell 202 and V.23) signals, line polarity reversals, and open switching intervals (OSI). The supplied TRsSim PC software provides a high level graphical user interface for analyzing and debugging telephony related signals such as Caller ID and SMS (Short Message Service) data transmission. Like an oscilloscope, it can capture and display waveforms showing the various signals present on the telephone line.
View screen shots >>>
- Detect and decode Telecordia, ETSI, and NTT Caller ID
- Detect and decode ETSI (ES 201 912) SMS messages
- Detect and measure DTMF dialing
- Capture and view waveforms (time or frequency domain)
- Monitor signals using external BNC or speaker output
- Measure DC line voltage, AC RMS level, and frequency
- Programmable filters (low pass, high pass, band pass, notch, DTMF band split, C-message weighted)
- Detect line state events such as on-hook, off-hook, line flash, line reversal, and OSI (open switching interval)
- Export/import waveforms to/from text or wave (.wav) files
- Trigger waveform recording using digital inputs
- Monitor line status, ringing status, and FSK decoder status using digital outputs
- Verifying Caller ID signal generation from CO's, PBX's, analog terminal adapters, and line simulation equipment
- Testing and troubleshooting fixed line SMS delivery and submission for SME devices conforming to ETSI ES 201 912
- Measuring general telephony signals such as DTMF, ringing, line flash duration, and line voltage
- Monitor telephone line signals
- Waveform Analysis: AI-ET003
This optional software component provides the TRsSim application the capability to analyze captured waveforms for more detailed information and measurement extraction. The added capabilities include:
- Show byte & bit level decoding for FSK waveforms
- Generate detailed physical layer FSK analysis reports
- Generate detailed DTMF analysis reports
- Generate detailed CAS/DTAS analysis reports
- Detect and analyze network tones (dial, ring back, busy)
- Perform waveform filtering and transforms
- Instrument Suite Software: AI-SS100
The Instrument Suite software option is a Windows application that allows the AI-5120 Telephone Line Monitor to operate as a digital storage oscilloscope (DSO) and spectrum analyzer. The software enables the user to investigate the time domain and frequency domain representation of signals through an intuitive instrument like graphical user interface.
More Information >>>
- Additional One Year Warranty: AI-K001
The standard product support and warranty period for the instruments is one year. This option increases the parts and labor warranty period for another year to a total of two years from date of purchase on the instrument.
- Additional Three Warranty: AI-K003
The standard product support and warranty period for the instruments is one year. This option increases the parts and labor warranty period for three more years to a total of four years from date of purchase on the instrument.
Next Section: Details