TRsSim Change Log
Vrs 3.0.852 - Sept. 29, 2011General:
1. Fix a bug that could occur when performing file path checks on network installations of the TRsSim software.
1. Add support for the AI-7280 extended feed option (AI-ET702).
1. Update the waveform analysis component to version 1.0.106.
1. Update the waveform analysis component to version 1.0.39.
2. Modify event list scroll bar for easier operation with long event lists.
3. Modify T.30 message display to improve readability.
4. Provide annotation of the V.21 preamble signal on the waveform display.
5. Add a menu item (under FILE) for importing wavefiles.
6. Fix a bug that prevented correct detection of right mouse clicks on top of event icons.
1. Increase the maximum number of script logs to 50 from 20.
2. Improve the speed at which long script logs can be loaded from a file.
Vrs 3.0.834 - April 29, 2011AI-5620 Specific:
1. Store the waveform analysis THD+N measurement start/stop frequency range into the event property bag.
2. Fix a bug where after loading a config file the waveform analysis settings were not being updated for some event types.
3. Add total level and twist properties to the DTMF, MF, and CAS events.
Vrs 3.0.824 - March 28, 2011General:
1. If the non-modal message window (for showing errors and warnings) can not be opened because a modal window is already shown, then periodically check back to see when it can be shown non-modally. If so, show it. The check is made once ever few seconds. This should prevent modal form deadlock when the message window is shown modally while a system window is also shown modally.
1. When creating a standalone CID program which contains waveform playback blocks, write the waveform samples to a file that can be used by the AI-7280 for loading and playback.
2. Eliminate the display truncation of long CID message display in the 'Message Bytes' tab.
1. Remove the usage of tone template editor form events. Using polling to determine when the form should be closed. When closed the reference is now released.
2. Include a file of default tone templates. The file is stored in the '
Vrs 3.0.816 - March 9, 2011AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Previously the 'R0' pattern repeat count was undefined and resulted in infinite looping. The 'R0' pattern command is now defined and means do not repeat the pattern block.
2. Fix a bug in how MF symbols were parsed for MF tone generation. The parser was not able to separate symbols in all cases and would display an error message.
1. Fix a bug that prevented the update of FFT cursors when moving the waveform position (dual graph mode).
1. Detect and report FSK signal drop-outs during channel seizure (Waveform capture/analysis option required).
2. Report DTMF digit distortion/spurious signal tests as per TIA-470 or ETSI ES 201235 (Waveform capture/analysis option required).
3. Disable minimum level detection settings for DTMF and FSK when waveform analysis is enabled.
1. Increase the maximum symbols allowed on a single script line to 500 from a previous limit of 50.
2. Change the pre-defined PSTN constants 'IsOnHook' and 'IsOffHook' to 'ctiIsOnHook' and 'ctiIsOffHook' respectively.
Vrs 3.0.801 - Feb. 15, 2011General:
1. Change working folder from '\all users\application data\' to \
2. Create 'TRsSim' directory in 'My Documents' folder for storing configuration files, script projects, log files, and example files.
3. Add setting in preferences window to shell directly to Acrobat Reader for viewing help documents.
4. Update Find/Replace text window. No longer 'topmost' and preserves settings.
5. Create the 'logs' folder if it does not exist prior to writing data files for: PSTN parameter sweeps, TLM event logging TES event logging.
6. When loading a config/data file, while operating in demo mode, changes to the device identifier are no longer made. This prevents the need for device resets and the subsequent reloads of the demo mode configuration files.
7. Fix bug causing file save/load paths from being forgotten.
1. Implement a docked window mode similar to what is available when using the AI-5120.
2. Change the various settings windows to non-MDI state and allow multiple windows visible at the same time. Operation is similar to what was done with the AI-5120 in a previous release.
3. Fix a bug that prevented tone definition properties from being properly updated via the script if the tone was configured to start automatically upon off-hook detection.
4. Fix a bug that occurred when two or more 'Wait for Tone' CID signaling blocks are used in a sequence. This resulted in duplicate script variable declaration errors.
1. Add 'View' menu option in data viewer window to hide FSK and tone analysis waveform annotations.
1. Add support for the waveform analysis component. This includes defining new network tone related events.
2. Modify event panel filter bar so filter settings can be saved and predefined settings selected from a drop-down list.
3. Fix a bug that prevented DTMF generating offsets from working in 'immediate execution' mode.
4. Add support for MF events. MF digit detection requires that waveform analysis is enabled.
5. Perform AC signal analysis on a wave file. Instead of analyzing captured waveforms downloaded from the AI-5620, this feature performs the same analysis on a specified wave file.
1. Add a tool bar for editing, saving, or deleting script logs.
2. New non-MDI window for script development.
3. Add functions to write data files from within scripts (System.File.Save.Config/DataRecorder/Scripting).
4. Add function to import wavefiles for playback when using AI-7280 devices.
5. Add AI-5620 scriptable events for: line state change, new event detected, changed event.
6. Add menu option for importing script projects or logs from a script project file (.spz).
7. Add properties and functions to access AI-5120 tone sequences.
8. If events are configured to execute in the user process ensure the event only runs in the initial user process once all user processes have stopped. This allows global variable sharing between the event routine and the initial user process.
9. Add a property (TelInt.IsOffHook) for the AI-7280 which represents the current line state, ignoring brief on-hook transitions caused by pulse dialing or line flashes.
10. Add 'System.Beep' function to generate a PC 'beep'.
11. Add 'PopUpMsg.Font' functions and properties.
12. Add 'PopUpMsg.LastButtonPressed' property.
13. Modify 'PopUpMsg' functions and properties such that they take effect whether or not the window is displayed. Previously some only took effect prior to showing the window.
14. Add properties to access and modify the AI-7280 MF tone table settings.
Vrs 2.6.741 - June 1, 2010AI-5620 Specific:
1. Prevent the detection of events during the narrow time window from when the AI-5620 timer is reset to when the TRsSim software receives the corresponding notification. Events that start in this time window will have their time stamp clamped to zero.
2. Fixed bug that erroneously used the ACK duration for the TIA Caller ID mode when operating in the ETSI Caller ID mode.
3. Update waveform mananger (1.0.66) to fix bug related to saving waveforms within a configuration file.
Vrs 2.6.739 - May 31, 2010AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Add support for Caller ID test setup message (type 81h) as defined in Stentor ID-0012.
1. Fixed bug that caused an error message when importing a configuration file. Note, the AI-5120 has no data elements that are importable. All configuration files should be "opened" instead of "imported" for the AI-5120.
2. Fixed bug that prevented displaying the FSK data layer analysis because of a change in 2.3.725 that modified how waveforms are selected.
1. Fixed bug that caused incorrect signal generation echo tap settings. The device's echo enable property was incorrectly used as an echo tap enable instead of a global echo enable for all taps.
Vrs 2.5.736 - Apr. 26, 2010General:
1. Modify the help document system such that it always displays the document with the latest revision code.
2. Implement a profiling system for monitoring background operations. Update interval is set by a system variable with a default value of 5 seconds.
3. Write a snap-shot of program status information to the disk. Update interval is set by a system variable with a default value of 60 seconds.
4. Present GDI usage and memory usage in the object log. Also include usage data in the snap-shot status file.
5. Limit the maximum number of connected AI-5620s to two in order to prevent excessive GDI usage.
6. Update TRsSim-RemoteControl manual to version 1.2.
1. For FSK message scripts, allow message type and parameter type values of 0xFF. Previously they where restricted to be less than 255.
2. For theCID messages window, attempt to decode and display messages with unknown message type values. Assume MDMF style of message when the message type is unknown.
3. Fix bug when setting up for deferred tone generation (ie, activated on transition to off-hook). The script generator did not take into account the PC's regional settings when coding the delay time.
1. When an event selected by the script system has its measurements updated (EventChanged event raised), ensure the scripting system updates its list of measurements immediately. This fixes a problem with ringing events where the min/max/crest factor measurements may not show up unless the script re-selects the event. Every time an event is selected its available measurements are now scanned.
2. Implement 'DEV' remote control commands so external applications can access event and waveform data in a similar manner to the AI-5120.
3. Use updated waveform mananger (1.0.65), event manager (1.0.72), and aiLib (1.0.55) components.
1. Force a script program re-compile before running a script project if it was loaded from a file that had a system HOP count different from the current system HOP count.
2. Add new example script: AI-5620 Ringing Detection.spz.
3. Add new example script: AI-7280 Auto Answer Test.spz.
Vrs 2.4.728 - Mar. 18, 2010AI-5120 Specific:
1. Fixed bug when displaying or logging tone sequence events. If the sequence was composed of multiple tone bursts of the same type the measurements from the first burst would be displayed for all the bursts (of the same type/name).
1. Add methods for generating sloped line reversals and line reversals with a gap (voltage remains at zero DC for a specified period). Note, these line reversals are only available when using the AI-7280.
5. Use updated waveform manager component (1.0.63) for supporting multiiple AI-5620's in a single instance of TRsSim. The older component version ran into open file limitations.
1. New script function: System.Device.Alias(). Allows using the name of one device in a script to actually refer to another device. This is useful when writing scripts that control two or more devices of the same type. A script routine that acts on one device can be made to act on the other devices by using an alias.
2. Add AI-5620 script properties for accessing the action scripts: Action.Script.Text.AddLine/AddNumber/AddQuoteStr.
3. Add AI-5620 script properties to reset various settings to default values: Reset.Settings.Actions/CID/Events/General.
4. Add AI-5620 script properties to control the various display panels: View.Layout/Divider/Panel.
5. Add AI-5620 script function to transfer sweep measurement data to a scripting log table: Measure.Sweep.SendToLogTable. Note, when creating a new table it is hidden by default. To make it visible, change the Table.Visible property to a non-zero value.
6. Add AI-7280 script functions to generate sloped and gapped line reversals.
7. Update script compiler to latest version: 1.0.20.
Vrs 2.3.725 - Feb. 24, 2010General:
1. Update 'aicontrols2.ocx' and 'aicontrols3.ocx' to fix a rare problem on some XP PC's that prevented the display of pop-up menus and drop-down lists.
1. Add a simpler method for defining network tones. Following a tone analysis, right clicking the mouse on top of the analysis annotation now shows a menu item for adding/editing a network tone definition. If selected the measurements from the analysis are automatically entered into the fields for the network tone definition.
2. Change the various setting windows to be 'non-MDI'. They now float over the primary application window.
3. Default to docked window mode when 'missing' other device(s), rather than only when no non-5120 devices are configured in the hardware setup window.
1. Fix bug in action scripts that prevented access to system level properties. Doh!
2. Add measurement capabilities to the waveform view.
3. Instead of displaying error messages when unknown event type characters are recieved, log a warning. This prevents meaningless errors when using an AI-5620 with an event handler script that is newer than the version of TRsSim running on the PC.
4. Add a data exchange ability between AI-5620 scripts and TRsSim scripts. AI-5620 scripts can now write to the log, access tables, and a variable data bank.
5. Update user guide (r1.1) to reflect cumulative changes.
1. Store parameter sweep data in the configuration file.
Vrs 2.2.718 - Feb. 5, 2010AI-5120 Specific:
1. Utilize mouse wheel events for the graph display to zoom waveforms in or out. Rolling the mouse wheel zooms the graph in either the vertical direction (CTRL key pressed), or horizontal direction (CTRL key not pressed). The center of the zoom corresponds to the current mouse position.
2. Provide a more descriptive message when no suitable waveform is selected for an analysis.
3. Prevent the tone analysis from searching for a tone sequence if the sequence has no tones defined.
1. Add new FSK event detection setting that enables or disables a filter removing FSK messages suspected of being invalid (talkoffs).
2. Add a new 'User Script' action.
1. When using the AI-7280 (firmware version 4.11 or greater), support independent DTMF frequency adjustments for row and column tones. Row and column tones can have a specified percentage error plus fixed frequency offset applied to them. Settings are available for both DTMF tone definitions and DTMF Caller ID.
2. When using the AI-7280 (firmware version 4.11 or greater), add a new type of checksum modifier setting for FSK Caller ID messages. The new setting forces the stop bit of the checksum byte to a space bit (instead of a normal mark bit).
Vrs 2.1.711 - Dec. 7, 2009General:
1. Fixes a bug causing flash memory corruption when writing key files to the AI-80 ('b' series only).
1. Expand the tone generation range from the previous limits of 20 Hz to 17 kHz to a wider range of 10 Hz to 18 kHz.
Vrs 2.1.709 - Nov. 12, 2009General:
1. Support software license key storage within the flash memory of the AI-5120/5620/7280 devices.
2. Update 'System & Device Information' window to include the display of more detailed information on the connected devices and internal system settings.
3. Restructure various internal AI-5120/7280 support classes for better integration into the TRsSim framework.
1. Load an example file when using the AI-7280 in demonstation mode.
2. When starting ringing via a script command, immediately verify that the line state indicates on-hook instead of relying on the previous sensed line state (which could be old by a few hundred milliseconds).
3. Support lower loop current setting (5 mA) for AI-7280's with firmware version 4.06 or greater. If the loop current settings goes below the off-hook threshold setting, the off-hook threshold setting is reduced to match.
4. Bug introduced in the last release that effects the ringing generator 'pattern' string is fixed.
1. Add a new setting that forces the event detection timer to keep running even if event detection is suspended. By default, this setting is turned off in order to maintain consistency with existing operation.
1. For AI-5620 firmware version 1.33 and above, record and display the ringing min/max voltage and the crest factor.
2. Display the polarity of line reversals.
3. Holding the CTRL key and using the mouse wheel in the event listing display scrolls up or down by pages instead of lines.
4. Holding the CTRL key and draging the scroll bar slider in the event listing display pans up or down over the entire range of events.
5. Add new settings to offset the DTMF generator's row & column frequencies by a fixed amount in Hz.
6. Add the ability to specify frequency, level, or timing offsets for each DTMF digit. Off time for each digit is program only for firmware version 1.38 and greater.
7. Fix bug that resulted in incorrect readings when the PC's regional settings used a comma as the decimal point separator. Effected areas were ringing measurements on the level meter, and script properties returning THD+N and TIP/RING lead DC voltages.
1. Add PSTN 'Action.Basic.' and 'Action.Script.' functions. These functions provide a simpler means for performing common telephony functions with the AI-80 or AI-7280.
2. Modify the 'Str()' script function such that it never leaves out the leading zero. Previously a value of 0.123 would be returned as ".123".
3. Modify the 'Fmt()' script function such that if a '~' is prefixed to the formatting string, the output is forced to use a period for the decimal point separator character regardless of the PC's regional settings. This change supports the generation of device scripts which must use the period as a decimal point separator.
4. Improve editor speed by suppressing context sensitive help when the help list is not displayed.
5. Fix a bug that caused the AI-5620 device mode to be 'empty' when loading a project/config file. This prevented the required script properties from being loading into the script compiler.
Vrs 2.0.675 - Aug. 18, 2009AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Enhance pattern generator commands to match the capabilities of the TE Simulator pattern generator. Now supported are frequency / level changes and nested loops. The enhanced commands can be used with ringing/tone definitions and Caller ID signaling patterns (CAS, SAS, Tone Gen).
2. Fix a bug in the voltage/current sweep panel that could cause excessively long graph drawing times.
1. Fix a bug that incorrectly applied the general analysis filter settings to ringing analysis. If the optional filters were applied, it was possible that the ringing analysis would fail to detect the signal.
2. Lower the limit for the minimum detectable line flash and OSI to 40 ms.
3. Fix a bug that caused a printing error with a waveform display if an event icon had one or more warning flags set.
1. Include links for accessing the user manual.
1. A new property for returning all the hexadecimal bytes in the SMS Protocol 1 TP-UD field.
2. A new function 'Window.ShowPanel()' for the AI-7280/AI-80 to force the display of either the dialing, Caller ID, SMS, or metering pulse panel.
Vrs 2.0.668 - July 21, 2009General:
1. Remove the TRsSim remote control DLL from the installation package. This is now a separate download from the web site.
2. Fix potential bugs caused by invalid date/time conversion.
3. Fix a bug that prevented reading a compressed script project file when saved with the uncompressed '.spj' file extension.
1. Increase maximum number of samples for waveform playback to 500,000 from the older limit of 229,300.
2. Fix a bug with the pulse dialing data display if the PC's regional settings are set to Hungarian.
1. Add general purpose debugging properties 'Debug.Print', 'Debug.Assert', and 'Debug.IsBreakOnWarning'.
2. Add the 'Me.Flags' inherent property for all device projects (version 5.0 and higher).
3. Support usage of 'global' and 'local' modifier for any constant.
4. Support usage of 'global' and 'local' modifier for variable types 'export' and 'import'.
5. Support immediate assignment for variable types 'export' and 'import'.
6. Allow register assignment for all variable types by enclosing a register number within brackets following the variable's data type declaration.
7. Register assignment for 'export' and 'import' variable types is now optional. If not supplied, the compiler will assign a register.
Vrs 2.0.654 - Apr. 24, 2009General:
1. Revamp internal TRsSim framework, including changes to common user interface windows.
1. Fix a bug that prevented a change in the SMS protocol 1 concatenation reference number unless the enter key was pressed.
2. Add an option to include the SMS protocol 1 UD header data in all TL messages instead of just the first TL message.
3. Fix a bug that could terminate the SMS event handler script when Caller ID starts, finishes, or the 'Stop' button was pressed.
1. Increase the maximum duration of the PC waveform playback and waveform merged export to approximately 8 minutes.
2. Increase the maximum number of waveforms that can be selected to 50 from the previous limit of 10.
1. Include general support for the AI-5620 Terminal Equipment Simulator.
Vrs 1.36.639 - Feb. 27, 2009General:
1. Remove usage of 'winhelp' and convert all documentation over to .pdf files.
1. Fix a bug that potentially inserted incorrect characters into SMS TP-UD fields when TRsSim operates under the Chinese version of Windows.
1. Display the hexadecimal codes for the SMS Protocol 1 TP-UD field if encoded in the GSM 7-bit alphabet (in addition to the characters themselves).
2. Fix a bug that may cause a terminal error when analyzing captured FSK signals.
1. Add new 'Switch' statement for device projects to the compiler. This keyword allows for fast conditional jumps to another process block.
2. Add properties to access the extension-in-use timing measurements performed by the AI-7280 during Type II (off-hook) Caller ID.
3. Add compiler support for inherent 'ME' properties.
4. Modify the operation of the 'Stop All' statement such that it terminates all event processes as well as user processes.
Vrs 1.32.560 - March 5, 2008AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Display the delay from going off-hook (or line flash) to the start of the first dialed DTMF digit. The delay time is displayed on the main control panel as well as the dialing logs.
2. Add a programmable delay time for the network tone (if any) configured to start once the TE goes off-hook. Previously, the tone would start immediately following the off-hook.
1. Add a new setting in the 'FSK Detection Settings' window that optionally ignores FSK data in either the on-hook or off-hook state.
2. Fix a bug that prevented (under certain situations) a display update if DTMF warning limits where changed. The missing display update could have resulted in warnings being shown when they should not have been (or vice versa).
3. Add the ability to configure the AI-5120 to record data without the TRsSim software connected. For remote data collection, the AI-5120 can be configured to output event and waveform data directly to its USB or RS-232 port on power up. If the data is recorded to a file (using 'Ai5120logger.exe' or other similar application), the event and waveform data can be recovered by the TRsSim software.
4. Fix a bug introduced in vrs 1.31 that prevented the logging and exporting of event data.
1. Add various properties and functions to access the AI-7280/AI-80 dialing log. This log contains DTMF dialed digits, pulse dialing digits, and line flash information.
2. Add property to modify the delay time from when a TE goes off-hook to when a network tone is started.
Vrs 1.31.545 - January 8, 2008General:
1. Change the location of where various files are stored in order to increase compatibility with Windows Vista and allow for easier sharing between multiple installations of the TRsSim software.
2. Support loading of configuration and script project files from the command line.
3. Configuration, Data Recorder, and Script Project files are only saved in the compressed file format. The older non-compressed format can still be used when loading files.
1. Fix a bug that prevented the load of a configuration file if the maximum number of ringing patterns had been reached.
2. Support the use of a 'null' start code for DTMF Caller ID messages.
3. Support the new features available in version 3 of the AI-7280 firmware. This includes an expanded line voltage, loop current, and DC ringing offset voltage range. The added ITU O.41 weighing filter can be used in the 'Signal Analysis/Generation' mode.
4. Ringing patterns can be specified with a programmable DC offset voltage.
5. Caller ID ringing can be specified with a programmable DC offset voltage.
6. Fix a bug that prevented the proper display of Greek SMS characters.
7. Display a warning icon when: i) the ring generator output may be clipped based on the wave shape settings, output level, and DC offset voltage, ii) off-hook loop current does not match specified loop current due to high loop resistance and/or low line voltage settings, iii) Caller ID impairment settings conflict with signaling timing.
8. Add ability to copy existing ringing patterns, tone definitions, or Caller ID messages when creating a new one.
1. Fix bug in analysis of FSK waveforms which could cause a terminal error.
2. Allow waveform analysis on a loaded configuration file when operating in 'demo' mode.
1. Change the script development GUI to a single window environment.
2. Support multiple project development along with script controlled project switching.
3. Support device script projects. These script projects run programs directly on the AI-80/5120/7280 hardware.
4. Modify the operation of the 'Popup Message Window' to allow detection of selected events while the window is still visible and not only when it has been closed. Also modify the operation of the 'IsTopWindow' property. If active, the window is only 'top' for application and not the entire desktop. This change prevents conflicts with other applications and modal or system wide message boxes.
5. Fix bug that caused incorrect 'table' data to be saved in script project files.
6. Add function to enable or disable the auto-increment FSK Caller ID parameter feature.
Vrs 1.27.490 - January 22, 2007Scripting:
1. Add script properties and functions giving access to a PC's serial communication ports.
2. Add script properties and functions for controlling the playback of a wave file.
Vrs 1.27.489 - January 9, 2007General:
1. Fix setup problem with version 1.27.483. The previous setup package included an older version of the AiWBex1.dll by mistake.
1. Provided better support for displaying unicode characters used in SMS.
2. Modify operation of user defined ringing wave shape such that the RMS level and DC offset are always normalized before loading the data points into the AI-7280.
3. Fix bug when generating metering pulses. The 'count' setting was not updated sometimes when the 'continuous' mode was enabled.
1. Fix a bug that caused compressed ringing (ring trip interval) from being detected as pulse dialing digits (under certain conditions of ringing wave shape, level, and DC offset).
2. Fix a bug that could cause false detection of DTMF, FSK, or network tones during ringing.
Vrs 1.27.483 - November 15, 2005General:
1. Include the contents of script tables when saving configuration or script project files.
2. Add option for automatic checks of software or firmware updates on a regular basis.
3. Improve the speed at which large configuration files can be loaded or saved.
1. Support line continuation. If a script line ends with the '_' character, the next line is assumed to be part of the current line.
2. Block commenting. Selecting a block of text and pressing Ctrl-D will comment the entire text block.
3. Expand the IF-THEN-ELSE structure to include ELSEIF
4. Fix documentation mistakes with the Rnd() function and the Event.Goto.Index() function.
5. Add script properties to the PopUpMsg box for increased functionality.
6. Add script properties and functions to modify and control various AI-5120 settings.
1. Fix timing bug that caused an extension to any wait blocks following FSK data if impairments where enabled.
2. Decode concatenated SMS protocol 1 SUBMIT messages. Concatenated messages can be read by the LastSubmit.Message script property.
1. Measure and report the crest factor when ringing is detected.
2. Improve sample rate conversion algorithm to minimize distortion introduced when exporting waveforms with different sample rates.
3. Allow more than 10 digits to be part of a SDMF Caller ID message.
4. Check for invalid day/month combinations for Caller ID date/time parameters. For example, February 30th is not a valid day/month combination.
5. Remember the scroll bar position when viewing the event list so when returning to an event list view, the previous scroll bar position is used.
6. During long ring trip durations, suppress the false detection of pulse dialed digits.
7. Expand the tone templates to include limits on maximum level, maximum duration, and a detection mode setting.
8. Support the detection of tone sequences. A sequence is a series of tone(s) that can occur one after the other.
9. Improve the display update rate when viewing a large number of waveforms.
10. Add a setting that enables an adjustable high pass filter prior to performing any THD+N measurements made during FSK, DTMF, and CAS/DTAS analysis.
11. Add option to automatically perform the waveform analysis function on any DTMF digits detected.
12. Double clicking the mouse in the Data Recorder waveform view causes the mouse mode to toggle between 'select' and 'pan'.
13. In a new 'Tone Analysis' that finds and analyzes all tones present in a recorded waveform.
14. Add a 'Quick Setup' window. This window combines a number of common settings in a single window for each access.
15. Quick waveform record. By clicking the 'record' status bar icon, the 5120 starts an immediate waveform recording.
16. Display an warning icon if any event measurements are outside specified limits, or the waveform analysis reported a warning condition.
17. If no FSK signal is detected following a manually initiated analysis, give an option to display the FSK decoder waveform and any data bytes detected within the waveform.
18. Display FSK byte level errors and framing errors on the waveform view.
19. Cache event data in order to speed up the event list display when a large number of events have been captured.
20. Show 'Report' icon for CAS/DTAS events once the waveform analysis as been performed.
21. Fix bugs in event search: a) incorrect comparison test with 'DTMF String', b) criteria copy did not transfer the measurement index field properly. c) incorrect criteria where selected in the event search drop-down list if another criteria was deleted.
Vrs 1.24.395 - July 6, 2006General:
1. When adding USB capable devices, dynamically show which devices are currently connected to the PC.
2. Default location for configuration files is now the '\configs\ sub-directory.
3. Remember the directory a configuration file or script file was accessed from. Save the directory information between program runs.
4. If a communication error is encountered with a device, present an option to attempt a re-connection.
5. Fixed a bug that prevented a switch in the AI-5120's mode of operation (from TRsSim to Instrument Suite) if multiple USB devices were connected to the PC.
6. Remember device window positions when performing a restoration of settings or loading a configuration file (that requires a device re-load).
7. Prevent two device windows from overlaying exactly on top of each other when the second device is added.
1. Make the LOCAL keyword optional. When declaring variables, if no variable type is specified, it is assumed to be local.
2. Allow variable assignments at declaration time for LOCAL and GLOBAL variables. For example: 'Numeric TwoPi = 3.1415926 * 2', declares the variable and assigns it in a single statement.
3. Add properties and functions to read binary and text files.
4. Add properties and functions to write and control low level device scripts.
1. Support Japanese NTT Type II CID. A Caller ID signaling sequence is now included for generating Type II CID. Note that only the AI-7280 can execute the Type II signaling sequence.
2. Add a 41h message type for NTT CID. The type 41h message is used for Type II NTT CID. Messages can be set for auto-selection. This changes the message type value between 40h and 41h depending if a Type I or Type II CID is being sent.
3. Add new NTT CID message parameter 'Calling Number Extended Information'.
4. In 'Signal Analysis & Generation' mode, add a new action that generates back to back line reversals.
5. In 'Signal Analysis & Generation' mode, add the ability to write short scripts that execute directly on the AI-80 or AI-7280.
6. For the AI-7280, use a band pass filter when measuring the SMS FSK message levels. This fixes a problem where DC voltage shifts (line reversals or such) close to FSK messages upset the level meter to such a large degree that timing measurement accuracy becomes poor. The band pass filter helps to removes the effect of large DC voltage shifts.
7. Fixed a bug causing a terminal error if more than 25 Caller ID signaling blocks where inserted into a sequence.
8. Display Type II Caller ID 'extension-in-use' check timing information in the Data Viewer window. In addition, the ACK start and stop times can be shown when using the AI-7280 (not supported with the AI-80).
9. When configuring a network tone to start upon an off-hook condition, only update the AI-80 or AI-7280 flash memory if a change to the tone setting is made.
10. For parameter sweep graphs, limit the minimum vertical span to 1 dB.
11. Add a new setting for signal generator termination impedance of 'Source Z'. This setting assumes the line termination impedance will be exactly the same as the line source impedance setting.
12. Fixed a bug that occured when deleting CID signaling elements that have a branch. If the lower portion was deleted, the branch element above was not correctly modified to reflect the change.
13. Fixed a bug that caused the TRsSim software to try to generate a Type I CID (on-hook), when the line state was off-hook. This occurred when the 'Reset.All' function was used in a script program and the current line state was off-hook.
1. If only a single AI-5120 is connected, default to a new display view. The 'Docked Window' mode automatically opens two linked Data Viewer windows that automatically display a list of detected events in one window and the captured waveforms in the second window. The windows are automatically resized to the application window size. This display mode can be enabled or disabled from a command selection under the 'Window' menu.
2. Modified CID Summary report view as follows:
a) Lock header to the top of the window.
b) Scroll bar position is not reset when selecting different CID transmissions.
c) Ensure waveform icon is refreshed in case the waveform download does
finish until after the display updates.
d) Add a waveform icon that displays the entire CID transmission (all elements).
e) If in 'docked window mode', the CID waveforms are displayed in the 2nd window.
3. For the FSK waveform analysis, fixed a distortion measurement error that occurred when the mark level and frequency could not be measured. In such a case, a warning message is included in the report.
4. Fixed a bug that could cause an extra channel seizure bit being reported (for FSK messages).
5. For the event list view, add an option to always 'snap to last' event. If enabled, once additional events are detected, the Data Viewer window always ensures they are displayed.
6. Add two tool bar buttons to snap to the next or previous waveforms. When clicked a search is made for the next or previous waveform and if found, the waveform(s) are displayed.
7. Changes to the Navigation bar:
a) Hovering the mouse over a waveform displays a pop-up of the waveforms.
b) Left clicking on any waveform causes that waveform to be displayed.
c) Right clicking enters a local panning mode. Hold the mouse button down and drag left or right to pan over a range 10 times the currently displayed time span. 8. Fixed bug when time shifting waveforms via cursor positions. The time delta was incorrectly calculated as B-A instead of A-B.
9. Add two additional cursor commands to move either cursor A or cursor B to the screen center.
10. Coping and moving waveforms. A new 'Copy & Float' menu command makes a copy of a selected waveform and floats it on the screen. As the time scale is panned, the floating waveform does not move. To move the floating waveform, click on the center screen icons to move vertically, horizontally, or in both axis together. To fix the floating waveform in time and vertical position, select the 'Lock Position' command under the Waveform menu.
11. To toggle the event detection and waveform capture enable, click the mouse on the green/red light icon on the main window. This is a shortcut to clicking the 'More' button and selecting 'Freeze/Resume Detection & Recording'.
12. If more than 5000 events are detected, the 'Event Find' window can display them in groups of 5000 by using the drop-down list box at the bottom of the window.
13. The redraw speed of the event list has been greatly increased. Scrolling now occurs at a much faster rate.
14. Complex event searches can be created. Searches can specify multiple events with various logical relationships. In addition, criteria can be added to event measurements. To define searches, select the 'Event Search Criteria' from the 'Settings' menu. Once searches are defined, the results can be viewed by selecting 'Search Results' from the 'View' menu.
15. Add the option to measure THD+N from the main window level meter. It is enabled by selecting 'Measure THD+N' when the units button is clicked. Once enabled, the AI-5120 automatically tunes its notch filter to the strongest signal in the range of 80 to 10000 Hz.
16. For the AC Signal event, add two detection modes. They are minimum level, and minimum level with frequency.
17. If the waveform analysis optional component is enabled, then waveform captures due to AC Signal events will cause an automatic measurement to be made of the signal's frequency and level. These measurements are annotated on the waveform display and shown in the event list. In addition, the measurements may be exported or logged to a file.
18. Add the option to export waveforms at different sample rates.
Vrs 1.22.367 - December 13, 2005AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Correct the units display for pulse dialing 'pps' and percent break ratio limits.
1. Support NTT Caller ID service type 0x41.
2. Add a new option in the Data Viewer window 'View' menu to always show the last waveform captured.
3. Fixed bug that caused line flash, OSI, or ext-in-use check events to be suppressed if DinA, DinB, Ac Signal, Dc Level, or Force Capture events occurred between their start and end times.
4. Fixed bug that caused the Data Viewer window FFT markers to be displayed incorrectly if the waveform start time was in the hundred's of hours.
Vrs 1.22.362 - September 28, 2005AI-7280/AI-80 Specific:
1. Add a setting to control the FSK modulator starting phase angle for Caller ID transmissions. Previously the starting phase angle was fixed at zero degrees.
Vrs 1.21.361 - September 26, 2005General:
1. Fixed bug that caused all pages to be printed when only a subset was specified.
1. Fixed bug that caused table data to be saved within configuration files.
1. Add a new setting to control the rear panel BNC output gain for the AI-7280.
2. Include DTMF digit timing information when exporting or logging dialing data for the AI-7280.
3. Add a new setting to specify the signal level units when exporting or logging data. Units can be either dBm (default), dBV, or mVrms.
4. Fixed bug that caused invalid Caller ID messages if the parameter data contained a single quotation mark character.
5. Fixed bug that prevented detection of DTMF digits with a frequency error greater than 1.5% after a change to the detection threshold setting.
1. Fixed bug in network tone analysis that occurred when very short tone bursts were analyzed.
Vrs 1.20.356 - August 24, 2005General:
1. When saving configuration files, they can be setup to only load between a specified range of dates. Date information is verified by using an internet time server.
1. A new group of properties and functions can be used to create tables. These tables may be used to present test results in a tabular format, or as data arrays for use by script programs.
2. Fixed bug in Mid() and Asc() functions. These two functions were broken when error trapping code had been previously added.
1. Modify the range of non-printable characters used when creating SMS protocol 1 transfer layer messages. This fixed a problem when using Chinese windows which may not be able to display the complete range of ANSI characters.
2. Add a Caller ID setting that adjusts the FSK bit timing skew.
3. When creating AI-80 stand alone SMS programs, include the ability to generate a dial tone when the TE goes off-hook in order to dial the SC and submit a message.
4. Fixed bug that always forced the Advanced Caller ID option to be enabled when operating in demonstration mode.
5. Lower the minimum DTMF digit detect level to -30 dBm.
6. Fixed bug that prevented network tone frequency and level characteristics from being updated if the tone was configured to automatically start upon the TE going off-hook.
1. Save the DTMF twist level to the output log.
2. Fixed bug in network tone analysis that caused incorrect data being reported if multiple tone bursts with different frequency components were detected.
Vrs 1.18.347 - June 21, 2005General:
1. The AI-80, AI-7280, or AI-5120 device letter assigned by TRsSim can be changed in the Hardware Setup window.
2. Reduce communication timeout when establishing a connection.
1. Script editor automatically indents text lines when ENTER is pressed. Also, pressing TAB indents a selected block of text to the next tab stop. Likewise pressing TAB & SHIFT together moves a selected block of text back one tab stop.
2. Add an option in the General Settings window that clears all script logs when script programs are executed.
1. For ETSI Protocol 1 SMS, the Message Generator window now supports the usage of 16 bit reference numbers when concatenating long messages.
2. For ETSI Protocol 1 SMS, allow alpha-numeric addresses. If the type field is set to a value between D0h and DFh, the address is encoded using the GSM 7-bit character set. If any other type value is used, the address is encoded as semi-octets.
3. Add an option in the Caller ID Signal Settings window that adjusts the time reference point for ACK detection to the end of the ACK signal. By default, the time reference point is the moment the ACK signal is detected. Note, this setting is only applicable when using the AI-7280.
1. Increases the maximum number of frequencies in a network tone to four and allows a wider frequency range from 300 Hz to 5000 Hz. Note that a single tone frequency between 800 and 1180 Hz can not be detected. Requires AI-5120 firmware version of 2.01 or greater.
2. When event and waveform capture is off-line, the indicator on the status bar blinks.
Vrs 1.17.328 - May 11, 2005AI-5120 Specific:
1. Supports detection of network tones at a lower signal level (-36 dBV / tone).
Vrs 1.16.326 - April 12, 2005General:
1. Allow control of the TRsSim software via files (cmdin.txt / cmdout.txt). The command syntax is the same as for the remote TCP/IP connection.
2. Add menu command to check for software/firmware version updates.
1. Add scripting support for the AI-5120.
2. Add properties to access the FSK based Caller ID message type offset and length offset settings.
3. Add Rnd() function for generating random numbers.
4. Add properties and functions to access the ETSI SMS protocol 2 message generator window.
1. Add wave file playback control element for the Caller ID signaling sequence.
2. Bug fix: An error in the FSK script conversion routine prevented the AI-80 (only) from generating the correct FSK message. The multi-byte BYTE commands were not processed correctly.
3. Add "auto-increment" support for FSK based Caller ID parameter.
4. Add FSK based Caller ID message type and length offset fields.
5. Add ETSI SMS protocol 2 message generator window. Similar to what exists for protocol 1, this window simplifies the task of generating segmented TL messages.
6. For SMS protocol 1, when displaying the contents of the TP-UD field, show the hex values as well as the text if using the GSM 7-bit char set.
1. Add option to select the signal level units used to export or log event data. The units can be selected from dBm(600), dBV, or mVrms.
2. Add the option to have old events and waveforms automatically deleted. The delay time is programmable in various steps from 15 minutes to 1 week.
3. Add the ability to return event and waveform information over a TCP/IP connection.
4. Add the option to resume event detection upon configuration file load.
5. Bug Fix: remove memory leak in waveform analysis module.
6. Data Recorder window: add two additional digits of timing resolution when using the cursors. Also display 1/|delta|.
7. Add a new event type for "Extension In Use Check". This may occur during a Type II Caller ID transmissions following the CAS/DTAS tone, but before the ACK tone.
8. Modify waveform navigation in the Data Recorder window. Add navigation bar at the top showing time relationships between all waveforms captured. Add right mouse click popup menu with view history and moving to next/previous events & waveforms. Panning mode entered by clicking new mode button, middle mouse click, or right mouse click AND CTRL button held. When in panning mode, automatically scroll when mouse is moved off the view port. When scrolling left or right and no waveform data exists at the current view, snap to the next/previous waveform based on the scroll direction.
9. Be able to specify the analysis range for all waveform analysis types (instead of just DTMF). Now FSK/CAS/DTMF/NT analysis can be performed over a variable range.
10. Add a new event type for network tone. Common network tones such as dial, ring back, and busy can now be detected. Custom templates from 1 to 3 tones can be specified. Requires AI-5120 firmware version 2.00 or greater along with the TRsSim Waveform Analysis option.
11. Add an option for adjustable high pass and low pass filters to be engaged during any waveform analysis type.
Vrs 1.13.298 - January 17, 2005General:
1. Support a compressed file format for configuration files (.cfz) and script project files (.spz). The older uncompressed file format remains supported, however using the compressed format greatly reduces the file size. When using the AI-5120, the waveform capture file is now included within the compressed file. A separate capture file (.cap) is no longer produced.
2. Setup package includes an updated USB driver (version 1.6.20).
1. Bug fix. The DLE character codes within a NTT Caller ID message were not treated correctly. They should of been automatically duplicated within the message contents.
2. Reduce the minimum acceptable flash time limit to 50 ms from 100 ms. This supports testing to shorter flash times. Note, unless the pulse dialing settings are modified, a short line flash may be interpreted as a single dialing pulse.
3. Add two Signal I/O options to mute either the BNC audio input or BNC audio output connectors during a Type II (off-hook) Caller ID transmission (AI-7280 only).
4. Stop performing local syntax checks for USER blocks in the CID signaling sequence. The syntax check prevents using globally defined variables in the USER block, since they are defined elsewhere in the CID signaling program.
5. Improve response time for terminating network tones when a DTMF digit is dialed (assuming this option is enabled). The network (dial) tone is now normally terminated before the first DTMF digit finishes.
6. Support user defined wave shapes for ringing (AI-7280 only).
1. DTMF detection and analysis modifications: 1) lower minimum detect level to -35 dBV, 2) improved ability to detect DTMF in the presence of other tones (ie. dial tone). Note, requires AI-5120 firmware of 1.05 or greater.
Vrs 1.12.290 - November 25, 2004Scripting:
1. Add properties & functions to modify, add, or remove ringing patterns.
2. Add properties & functions to modify, and, or remove tone definitions.
1. For ETSI Protocol 1 SMS messages, if the DCS field indicates UCS2 encoding, show the message as text characters instead of hex bytes.
2. Add options to preserve the telephone interface and signal I/O settings when building an AI-80 standalone SMS program.
3. Upon completion of a parameter sweep (AI-7280 only), save the measurement results to the file "\log\ParamSweep.txt".
4. Bug fix. When multiple TCP/IP/UCP messages are sent in rapid succession. In sufficient delay was inserted between multiple calls to the TE.
5. Bug fix. When using the AI-7280, the noise generator would not be enabled for network tones if using the DTMF or MF modes of operation.
1. CAS/DTAS analysis is supported with the Waveform Analysis option. The analysis extracts the CAS/DTAS tone frequencies, levels, THD+N, and timing parameters.
2. Add a Caller ID summary report view (accessed from under the View menu). This report summarizes the Caller ID transmission details in a single report.
Vrs 1.12.285 - November 3, 2004General:
1. Remote applications can now control the TRsSim software via a TCP/IP link. For information on this feature, view the help file available by selecting the [Help] [Remote Control] menu command.
2. Fixed bug preventing the Edit menu commands working with the script editor window.
1. Double clicking a module in the project view window displays the source code module.
2. Add "Save Project" menu command to complement the existing "Save As Project" menu command.
3. Add "Immediate" window (under the "Run" menu). Script commands entered into this window are directly executed. They run in parallel with any other script program execution.
4. Script modules can be linked to external files. This allows other editors to be used with script projects. To link a file to a module, right click the mouse on the module in the "Script Project" window, and select the "Link to File..." command.
5. Expand script editor help list capabilities to: i) Show all help items, ii) Find modules or declarations for subs/functions/variables/constants/labels, iii) search help list for keywords, iv) disable help list when using slower PCs.
6. Add options to adjust script execution speed and whether or not the project should be saved prior to compiling.
7. Add three new properties that can be read to determine if various program options are enabled (DevA.Options.x).
1. When changing Caller ID types, the last used signaling and message selections are automatically selected..
1. Listing for FSK related events (Caller ID, SMS) support different level units (mVrms, dBm, dBV).
2. Lower minimum DTMF level limits to -25 dBV from -20 dBV.
Vrs 1.11.275 - October 12, 2004General:
1. Add printing page setup option to specify user defined report title or organization name.
1. Add properties and functions to control all aspects of the Caller ID signaling sequence. Expanded and new script groups are Cid.Delay, Cid.Timing, and Cid.Sig.
2. Add Cid.Messages.Fsk.Script.AddLine property and Cid.Messages.MDMF.Param.Custom function (allows user defined parameters).
3. Add Sms.Events.Flags property. This read only property returns 1 for Rx/Tx phantom message events (if Rx message ignored by SM-SC, or Tx message sent with zero FSK level).
4. Add Reset() functions. Used to return various program settings to their default values.
5. Add ability to show a user definable list of items from the pop-up message window. See PopUpMsg.List properties and functions in the help file.
1. Change all default Caller ID signaling sequences to generate only a single ring following the FSK/DTMF transmission.
2. For ETSI protocol 2 SMS setups, event definition now supports phantom message transmission (SC sends message with zero FSK level), and ignoring Rx messages (SC ignores the message from the TE). Both of these event options help to simulate event sequences where messages are not received properly (on either side). Sending phantom messages still updates applicable timers, while ignoring Rx messages does not reset, start, or stop any applicable timers.
3. Bug fix for AI-7280 FSK decoder filter delay nodes. Fixes a problem that can cause the unit to miss the first FSK message after power up.
4. Add new "custom" Caller ID MDMF parameter type. Allows user defined type, length, and data bytes. This can be used to test unknown or illegal parameters. Requires Advanced Caller ID option.
5. For Telecordia Caller ID type, use the same set of available MDMF parameters for both the Call Setup (80h) and VMWI (82h) message types. Requires Advanced Caller ID option.
6. Fix bug in Caller ID Signaling window. Element insert and delete actions did not always modify the signaling sequence correctly.
1. Fix bug preventing the data bytes from being listed when performing a data layer analysis and the message was not Caller ID or SMS (for example, if receiving less than 3 data bytes).